I am a sucker for a good brand campaign and this year Visit Wales has really caught my attention with their #findyourepic promotion. Their marketing team are on a mission to promote and highlight all the amazing places to visit across Wales.
Wales – a beautiful EPIC country – the land of our fathers.
In my humble opinion Visit Wales is one of the most exciting brands to market. Of course I am slightly biased as I was born in North Wales, spent my teenage years in Mid Wales and since studying for my degree in Cardiff Met, I now call South Wales my home. I am in love with Wales
While I was trying to get away from it all in Wild West Wales (my particular favourite stretch of Pembrokeshire coast being Newgale to Porthain) I realised I needed to find my epic!
I’m guessing there are many ways to find your epic and this could be a mix of relaxation and/or extreme adventure as Wales offers this in buckets loads.
1. Do what you love or ask others where they find their epic.
2. Dare to daydream – we all need to go slower, me included 😂
3. Find a sea view whatever the weather and one of the most EPIC has to be Mwnt beach – a secret gem of a beach
4. Take more photographs and collect your epic memories
5. Go to West Wales if you ever get the chance – you won’t regret it!
6. Say Yes more as you might miss an epic adventure. Try the adventure company TYF – adrenaline is on tap here http://www.tyf.com
7. Grab a flask of coffee, some fish and chips and stay by the coast until sunset. The perfect place for this is the Welsh hamlet of Little Haven – it will make you smile!
8. Go stargazing with your best friends and family.
9. Write in the sand and leave someone a message
10. Don’t feel guilty for sleeping more or grabbing a cheeky siesta after a long beach walk – Trefin to Porthgain is a sweet coastal walk and home to one of the best pubs in Penbrokeshire – The Sloop Inn